BLOG HAS MOVED!!!

Please visit www.todayonthelightrail.com! :)

Friday, January 15, 2010

Thank you for smoking...not...

Today on the light rail, I missed my stop.

Why did this happen?

Because I was paying attention to the crazy lady asking me for a cig.  To give you a visual, she looked like this:




This woman was ridiculous.  She was wearing a hospital gown.
Crazy Lady: "You got a cigarette?"
I nod my head no.
Crazy Lady: "What's wrong with you young people and not smoking?"
I reply, "I've never had a cigarette before in my life."
Crazy Lady: "Well I've been smoking for 40 years and aint nothin wrong with me."

She goes on to ask another guy for a cigarette and he had one.  She says to him "Thanks, I need to get back to the hospital and just hopped on the rail to bum a cig."

So I see people standing outside Methodist in hospital gowns all the time with IVs hooked up to them and smoking a cigarette.  I always want to punch them in the face.  Today, I couldn't help myself....it was like word vomit in Mean Girls......"Why are you smoking if you're in the hospital?"

Crazy Lady: "I'm in the hospital for my gallbladder not my lungs.  I can smoke whenever I want and don't need no criticism from people like you with all your don't smoke or drink when your pregnant talk..you know I did both and my kids came out just fine...blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah"

Crap..I missed my stop.

Moral of the story: No, I don't have a cigarette.


Have a good weekend...I have Monday off to celebrate MLK's dream so probably won't take the light rail.  But have no fear, Rodeo season is quickly approaching and the stories will only get better...drunk cowboys and cowgirls, what could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment