BLOG HAS MOVED!!!

Please visit www.todayonthelightrail.com! :)

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bird lady

Today on the light rail, I wanted to sit down.

As soon as I stepped on the light rail this morning, my mission was to find an empty seat.  I'm not feeling well today and the last thing I wanted to do was stand and hold on to a pole with my sickly hands.  There was a seat open next to this woman, but she had her feet propped up and her jar of red seeds sitting in the seat next to her.  Her shoes were off.  Gross. I don't care that she had socks on. Still. Gross.

Now timeout for a second, I know Austin just opened a new metrorail that takes an hour to get from Leander to Downtown, but in Houston the longest amount of time you can possibly be on the lightrail is 30 minutes end to end.  With that being said, is it really necessary for you to pull out your bird seeds and chomp on them with your shoes off, taking up two seats???  I didn't think so.

I was standing up trying to take a picture of this woman but didn't get one until the next stop when a man got on the train and asked the lady to move so he could sit down.  He was clearly annoyed.

wtf kind of seeds are red?? And WHY are they in a teddy bear jar?

Moral of the story: No, it's not OK for you to take up two seats, I don't care if you weigh 500 pounds, it's still not OK.



Sorry I've been on a bit of a break from the LR blog.  Last week was BUSY.  My palm pre just did an update and now I can take videos...so keep your eyes peeled for that.  Oh and I'll be switching to the new design and new website very shortly..

No comments:

Post a Comment